20080401

The Law of Absolute Capacity

I know that most of you will disagree with my opinion about this. But, at least I believe in this one, so that I can think positively every time.

I believe that we human live with something called CAPACITY. Our capacity reflects our ability, skill, knowledge, intelligence and everything that develop your potentials. It was said that we, human beings, could only use 1% of our capacity.

I believe it's true.

Then one day, I think it's last night, I come up with a wonder. If our present ability is only 1% of our capacity, how tremendous our true ability would be when we reach our maximum capacity? Would it be 100 times powerful or smarter or anything better? If it's only 100 times better (since 100% is equal to 1% times 100), then, someone with, no offense, such a low physical state could only get stronger by 100 times that it does not guarantee him that he will be stronger than someone that could only use 1% of his ability. How about if the gap is too far?

About two hours ago, while I was driving. I watch cars passing by at the highway. The cars looked like moving slowly. And I remember something, The Law of Mechanics said that the velocity of a moving object is relative to the velocity of other object. That's what Einstein said in his book 'Forgive Me, Newton'.

Talking about Einstein, I come up with another pop up in mind. Einstein is once faced mystery, if we move in the speed of light while facing a mirror that move in the same speed, will we see our reflection there? The answer is YES. Why's that? Aren't we move in the speed of light that the reflection of our body is mocing in the same speed of us (since reflection is lights-based object), so our reflection would never reach the mirror? That's EINSTEIN RELATIVITY THEOREM. Every moving object have relative velocity to other object, except one thing... THE SPEED OF LIGHT. No matter how fast you move, the speed of light will stay in same value of 3.10^8 m/s, even though we move with the speed of light.

Then I come up with one idea. It answers my wonder about how far can we grow our ability to approach our capacity. The answer is almost unlimited. I believe that no matter how strong we grow, how smart we become, our used capacity will stay at the same percentage of 1%. This value of capacity is absolute, just like the speed of light.

So, there is no limit for us to grow up, since no matter how much we grow, we are still using the same percentage of capacity.

Then, how can in the reality, someone can no longer be stronger, like you cannot run faster than your actual macimum speed now? It is because you believe so. You believe that you are unable. You believe that this is your maximum capacity. Your thoughts limits yourself. You create a wall for yourself.

I know that it is ridiculous. That someone like me could run faster than any olympic runner? I believe I can. As long as I believe that, and I train myself with a proper training to surpass my limit. Aren't there are a story that there will be no one that can run through the range of 1 miles under 4 minutes? Half a century ago, someone challenge the impossible thing, trying to run under 4 minutes. Everybody's laughing at him. But, what is the fact? He could beat the impossible. That is because he believes that it can be done, and train hard to accomplish it. Nowadays, people could run faster than that.

This is the almighty of the God, creating a creature like us, the human beings. What makes we more special than any other creature? It is that we could improve ourself infinitely, and our improvements will never ends, as long as we believe we can still improve and try to realize that. In the age of stone, the pre-historic, trying to fly is impossible, and now, we have aeroplanes that could allow us to travel the wide blue sky.

The improvement is not just physically, it can be mentally, spiritually, emotionally, even the improvement of intelligence. It is all only 1% of our macimum capacity and will always be that no matter how much we improve. I call my thesis as...

The Law of Absolute Capacity

I know it sounds ridiculous. You may not believe it. But, at least I believe that and I live with that beliefs. I just want to share a thought that you must not give up. When you say that your brain is already at its limit and you will never improve no matter how hard you study, you are just reasoning to yourself that you do not want to study, you do not want to try harder, thus you create your own limits.

Even though our limit is unlimited, do not ever forget that you still have to SHARPEN THE SAW, by resting to increase or recover your productivity. You know that cutting timber with dull saw will take your time a lot. So, why don't you rest for a while and sharpen your saw and then continue your works with a sharp saw to make your work easier.

One last sentence, NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE IMPROVE OURSELVES, THE CAPACITY THAT WE ACHIEVE IS AN ABSOLUTE 1% SO THAT WE CAN ALWAYS IMPROVE OURSELVES UNLIMITEDLY.

THAT IS THE LAW OF ABSOLUTE CAPACITY...
Are you afraid to break your limit?
No Hard Feelings, No Offense,
Wirapati..

5 comments:

Bagus Arya Wirapati said...

Haven't got any one.. Can I borrow it?

Kautsar Nurahmad said...

the quoted sentence conatain bad typo. suggest correction. thanx.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE IMPROVE OURSELVES, THE CAPACITY THAT WE ACHIEVE IS AN ABSOLUTE 1% SO THAT WE CAN ALWAYS IMPROVE OURSELVES UBLIMITEDLY

Kautsar Nurahmad said...

yes,,, you must read "the secret". the power of mind and believes.

I am kinda conscious read your post. you said that human can reach an unlimited state when he/she improving his/her limit, but why is their capacity only maximum 1% from 100%? and why is absolute?

maybe i had low rate of expected IQ, but please let me understand your post, so i can share my thoughts with you. thx.

Bagus Arya Wirapati said...

Nice question! Well, it seems I have to explain it briefly about it.

It's not that I have my own idea about that 1% thing. It is a folk-thoughts. What I want to said is that the rate is absolute. 1%, 5%, 10% or even 99,99% if it's possible, the rate will stay there no matter how much you improve. I just take the 1% since it is what the common people believe.

WHy is it absolute? Just like light. No matter how fast you run, the light will stay in front of you as if it increase its speed. You're capacity is just like that. Along with your improvements, your capacity move, too. So, in a realtive ways, there will be no movement in your used capacity. We can said that capacity is not static object, it moves along with other object, just like light.

Empirically, let us take machine as an example. Machine does have capacity. And you will not use it in maximum capcity since it will broke easily or depreciates quickly. When you improve the machine, like it will be more productive by enhancing the speed, the capacity of a machine is improved as well.

That's machine. But, machine grows with human's growth. When you can run faster, your capacity of running is far beyond your actual speed. You have to break your limit for that. But, breaking limit in dhort term is very risky. That's why I suggest you should SHARPEN THE SAW. I don't count short term improvement, but I concern with long term improvements, since short term improvement does not imptove your capacity.

Above all, this is just my hipothesis. I use it as a motivator. The real thing is that you must not give up, coz you can still improve yourself, unlimitedly.

Hope that you satisfy with my brief explanations.

Martha-Happy said...

aukh ahh... ribet bacanya!!!