20080310

Questions about life

Hello, people!!

Finally, after several months joining this blog, now is the first time I write on it..Haha.
So, a brief introductory first..
I'm Shirin (it's a good name,right? hehehe), one of the student in Economics UI and I'm the lucky one who have such great friends here..:)

These days, I've been thinking about life..
Why are there some people who have bad luck in their life?
If Mr. Bush wasn’t the president of USA, would my life be the same?
If my parents hadn’t moved to Jakarta, would I get to FE UI?
What is the difference between me and other people? And why are we different?
If my name was not Shirin, would I be the same person as today?
If my dad didn't marry my mom, would I exist?
If now I was not writing on this blog, would all the things be the same?
and so many other if, if, and if..

I remember one day, when I was doing my pray in my mom's bedroom and I was about 7 or 8 years old, something just came into my mind and made me think about life hardly. I suddenly thought that if I wasn’t Shirin, what would I be? I remember that it was the first time I hardly think about life..
And until now, I still keep thinking about it when I’m not doing anything.

Sometimes, I also think that one event can cause other events to occur.
So, if I was not accepted in FEUI, would this blog be made? :D

Any of you can help me to find the answers?

By the way, I’ve just got some good quotes and I’ll share it to you:
There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right....(Martin Luther)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life (Winston Churchill)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, it almost the same with what i've wrote in my introduction post. What happen if we wakes up in different name, parents, life, or different self? Actually we don't have to much think about this. Just thank God for everything that we've got. Thanks for our time, now and future, altough we don't know what's going to happen. Feel grateful and honor to live. Give the best shot. Nice post by the way.. :)

Bagus Arya Wirapati said...

Nice post! Keep questioning like that! And you will find an answer.

Well, I'm trying to answer both of Shirin and Ulay's question about what would happen if you woke up with different name, parents, life or everything..

Have you ever heard the Chaos Theory and Butterfly Effevt? In chaos theory, in terms of butterfly effect, it is mentioned that if you change the initial point of an event or object, there will be major changes due to the minor difference on the intial point.

Example, if you have a chance to ride a time machine and went to jurassic era, then you accidentally stepped on an insect, it may change the whole history. There might be no Indonesia, no Bush, no you or no civilization in the world. Coz, you have change a minor intiial point which is the insect. This insect may have a role in history, though very minor.

Well, even an insect might cause a very amjor changes in history. So, of course, if you wake up with, let say it, a different name. Your whole life will change. Maybe you will have different friends, different attitude or even different fate in life and death.

Every single things in this universe are initial point. Changing it will cause changes. AT least that's the theory.

So, never regret your life. You are now exist because the past initial points that you regretted. Past is a past. Learn from it, but do not live on it. Life is not all about what you've done. It's all about what you'll do to make your life meaningful.

Sorry for the long explanation. I do not want to waste new post in this 'initial point' since I don't want to be looked as if I monopolize the blog. At least once in every month. Haha..