20080510

social discrepancy

lately, I keep my mind with all people around me..people I met in street especially..maybe it's because I study economics, I care about them..I think about them..it's an usual picture of a capital city..very rich people among a lot of the poor..I'm thinking about people who work as salesman in the street..They sell newspaper,magz,map,even big balloon..can u imagine? who's gonna buy it?! nobody! maybe newspaper will easier to sold, but balloon or some ridiculous toys for children in the middle of heavy traffic? I don't think somebody would buy that..so? where their (salesman) income comes from?? they can't sell anything? or maybe they can sell one or two pieces, but ofcourse it won't enough to feed their family..I always wonder how much they earn everyday..maybe i should take small research for this..How can some people are like live in heaven of money and others doesn't have any money to eat? So unfair for me..

anyway, I found something interesting last month..Me and my mom were on the way home..in traffic light,we saw a family in a motorcycle..I was thinking about their wealth..how much the parents earn? why they have to use motorcycle for 4 people? what can i do to solve this proverty? But, in my mom's point of view, "hey, the children's hair is stiff and brown..it must because they don't have enough nutrition.." this is from a doctor's thought..
huehehe..we think differently depends on what we learn..

This is our lovely country..now we have to face it, but later (also from now) we should beat this problem..Like roy said, generation are better and better..Yes we can solve any problem on the road to perfect generation..

5 comments:

wiydiy said...

i totally agree with you al,
we have to be better.
and we can solve this poverty problem!

yaaay!

Kautsar Nurahmad said...

the main problem of the poverty IS the population boom!!!

decrease the population our beloved country. bring them eduction. give them a job to do. they can earn something to live, and earn something to eat...

Alia Kemala Sari said...

LET'S KILL EVERYBODY,THEN! HUEHEHE..

Sometimes I think God make natural disaster that killed many people to decrease the population..

Bagus Arya Wirapati said...

Even though we try to decrease the population o maybe slowing down the growth, i think that malthus theorem is still working that population growth will exceed the food growth.

There might be no such thing as perfectly eradicated poverty cuz poverty is an absolute phenomenon. Thus the only thing that we can do is by neutralize it. Give high tax upon consumptive sector and subsidize the productive sector to increase employment and wage rate. Give tax upon Oil Fuel, not subsidy.

But,actually, we are a bit too late for the last solution. The government increase the price in the midst of recession. But, at least they have to reorganize the subsidy to productive sector, not the transfer payment.

Unknown said...

well, i think it will decrease by itself.. and we're the generation that will see it happen caused by food crisis and energy crisis. someday, we will lost our right to have children.